Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Background

I haven't received my copy of Trim Healthy Mama yet (its on the top of my Christmas list) but I hope to really soon. I have been following the book on Facebook and have been amazed at the testimonies, pictures, and faithful shepherding by Pearl and Serene. I started this blog to share my story, struggles, and progress. I hope to be able to look back a year from now and finally be proud of accomplishing my goals.

So here is a little about me:

I am a 26 year old mother of two.  An almost 20 month old wide open little boy and an almost 4 month old precious princess. They are a week shy of 16 months apart. When I became pregnant with my first I weighed 189 lbs, about 30 lbs heavier than I want or need to be. Six months later I became pregnant again at 195 lbs. Now almost 4 months postpartum I am somewhere around 215lbs. I will have been married 3 years in June to my wonderful husband who does not struggle with his weight. He works very long physical hours to support us an allow me to stay home. He is so supportive of me and has never judged the lack of nutritional knowledge I brought into our marriage. As you can see, I am very blessed. :)

I am starting this journey because I don't want my children to struggle with thier weight and because I want to be the mom her kids love because she can keep up with them and play.

Here are my goals:

1. Fit back into my size 16 wedding dress. Its the most beautiful dress I have ever owned. I want to wear it again for one of our upcoming anniversaries.

2. Reach a healthy BMI.

3. Wiegh between 165 - 150lbs. I was 165 after my freshman year of college and looked pretty good. I do not have a small frame (too much Dutch in my family) so 150 will be a challenge an ultimately may not look right on me.

4. Exercise 5 days a week by June.

5. Train for and sucessfully run a 5k in before I am 28.

I may add more goals along the way but ultimately I want to be healthy and find my forever trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment